We have now invited all patients for their first vaccine in groups 1-9, we have worked extremely hard as part of our locality to provide as many vaccines as possible to our population. Hayling health centre has achieved 10,000+ vaccines since the week of Christmas; we couldn’t have done this without our amazing volunteers and also working jointly with the Elms practice and as a locality. Below is a breakdown of Waterside figures we have achieved to date (16.03.21).
|1. Residential care home patients||Arranged by practices/PCNs||98% achieved|
|2. Age 80+ HCSW||Have been contacted by phone/Letter||98% achieved|
|3. Age 75-79||Have been contacted by phone/Letter||97% achieved|
|4. Age 70-74 or Covid High risk||Have been contacted by phone/Letter||89% achieved|
|5. Age 65-69||Have been contacted by phone/Letter||90% achieved|
|6. Age 16-65 with underlying health conditions||Have been contacted by phone/Letter||82% achieved|
|7. Age 60-64||Have been contacted by phone/ NHS letter||77% achieved|
|8. Age 55-59||Have been contacted by phone/ NHS letter||38% achieved|
|9. Age 50-54||Have been contacted by phone/ NHS letter||17% achieved|
- Vaccinations will be offered in order of priority as per central government guidelines.
- We are making great progress with the higher priority groups and you will be contacted when you are due your vaccination, please make sure we have an up to date mobile number for you as appointments are offered via a text messaging platform (AccuRx) in the first instance.
- Vaccinations can be booked within our locality (Hayling Island Health Centre, Waterlooville Health Centre and Emsworth Baptise Church) We can’t always guarantee clinics at one of these site due to unknown vaccine delivery dates, however if you are eligible for a vaccine please call 119 to book your appointment instead.
- We have now started to given 2nd doses of the vaccine to our top 2 priority groups, If it has been over 12 weeks since your first immunisation and it was done here, Emsworth or Waterlooville and you have not been contacted about your second immunisation please contact us via the surgery reception. Also if you are age over 65 and have not received your first vaccination please also contact us.
- Please continue to abide by all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
- Due to Hayling Island Health Centre being a vaccination site some of our normal services in the building may be reduced on vaccine days; however we are still offering urgent on the day appointments, telephone triage and general nursing. We understand this can be frustrating but we offer online services for all patients or medical professionals to contact us by which includes our website and E-consult. watersidemedicalpractice.co.uk
Thank you to all of our patients for cooperating with us throughout these new and exceptional working circumstances, you kindness has really helped and supported us as a team throughout this last year, we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope you can all to.
Dr Richard Thomas, Dr Rebecca Gabel, Dr Jason Greenslade, Dr Laura Bryant, Dr Helen Harris
& Waterside team.